gog-renderer-cairo.h missing

Chris Shoemaker c.shoemaker at cox.net
Sat Jan 7 17:33:26 EST 2006

On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 06:00:27PM -0500, Josh Sled wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-01-06 at 15:37 -0500, Josh Sled wrote:
> > Reviewing the goffice-0.0.4.tar.bz2 file I used as source for the
> > import, *it* doesn't have that file.  Huh.  I'm tracking it down
> > presently.
> >
> > Come to think of it, I've never enabled cairo on the goffice sub-build,
> > so I don't know if it works or breaks; since cairo was just emerged on
> > my system yesterday, I'll give it a try...
>
> Well, sure enough, it doesn't compile without the header. :)
>
> I got the appropriate reversion from CVS, and re-built --with-cairo, but
> it doesn't compile: gog-renderer-cairo.c simply isn't correct w.r.t. the
> other code in that directory.  I'm leaning towards hard-disabling cairo
> support in our included copy, and just using the pixbuf-based renderer;
> objections from anyone?
>
> I removed the configure.in support for --with-cairo, but it looked like
> it's still in the Makefile DIST targets ... I'm getting a clean copy
> right now due to some other issues, so I'll try again in a bit.  If
> nothing else, I'll just remove references to the cairo-related files in
> the makefiles.

Considering I'm completely ignorant of any advantages to cairo, I
don't have any problem removing it.  But, you'd have to be pretty
agressive about it, because make dist tends to find files that would
never be built and even notice the missing dependency.  OTOH, I don't
have any problem distributing the "official" header even if it doesn't
work, and disabling the "with" option.  Anything to get `make dist'
working.

-chris