configure spewage on clean svn tree due to missing POTFILES

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Jan 8 18:11:59 EST 2006

Quoting Chris Shoemaker <c.shoemaker at cox.net>:

> On Sun, Jan 08, 2006 at 05:02:03PM -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> I just tried to build from a current SVN tree, a clean checkout
>> (effectively), and I got the following spewage from configure:
>>
>> checking what extra warning flags to pass to the C compiler...
>> -Werror -Wdeclaration-after-statement
>> mv: cannot stat `po/POTFILES': No such file or directory
>> ./configure: line 37704: po/POTFILES.tmp: No such file or directory
>> configure: creating ./config.status
>
> I can't reproduce this on FC4 or FC3.  Our configure.in doesn't
> mention POTFILES directly so this must come from some macro, maybe
> AM_GLIB_GNU_GETTEXT?  Or maybe it's something from the po/Makefile.in?
> What versions do you have of those?  Maybe send me your configure
> offline?

Really?  I'm seeing this on a fully-updated FC3 system.  I know that
configure.in doesn't mention POTFILES directly, but something is
certainly bringing it into configure.  The configure script is
attached.

Note:  this was with a completely clean checkout; autogen had never
been run before on this tree.