libqof variables in configure.in (Fwd: gentoo ebuild)

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Mon Jan 9 15:04:30 EST 2006

On Monday 09 January 2006 11:40 am, Martin Klaffenboeck wrote:
> Am Montag, den 09.01.2006, 10:03 +0000 schrieb Neil Williams:
> > Which will cause the backend to fail because it cannot find the schema -
> > the C code knows nothing of ${datadir} - that will be passed unchanged as
> > a string.
>
> Ok, this is not really true, for gentoo we install to another directory
> from where we acutally use it.

As do Debian, Fink and Fedora. All still work.

> gentoos ebuild itselfe copies it
> afterwards to the place specified in ./configure, so it should run even
> if it is primarily installed to another place.

So where's the problem? All that is required is that the schema are installed
into the location specified by the options to configure. The temporary stages
do not matter, it's all about the final destination for runtime operation.

> > BTW. Gentoo should, IMHO, be using external QOF anyway.
>
> It's not supported a the moment.  Maybe you can tell me a link, so I can
> provide an ebuild for that, which can be installed as dependency for
> default.

http://qof.sourceforge.net/

Debian packaging files, sample .spec and finkinfo files are available in CVS
if those help.

--

Neil Williams