deprecated tags in test xml files

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Jan 10 10:35:29 EST 2006

Christian Stimming <stimming at tuhh.de> writes:

> Chris Shoemaker schrieb:
>> The files used for xml testing contain some deprecated tags, like
>> <act:security>.

These are gnucash-1.4 XML  (or maybe 1.6 -- I forget when we changed
the way transactions were encoded).

For those interested in the history, previously accounts had two
parts, a commodity and a currency.  Instead of each transaction having
a common currency, the accounts had a currency and the transaction had
to use common-currency accounts.  In order to go between different
currencies you used a Currency Account to translate.  Obviously this
has all been changed.

>> (...)
>> Should we just remove deprecated tags from testing files?  Or make the
>> tests not verify deprecated tags, but not fail either?
>
> I'd say we should remove the deprecated tags from testing files.

I agree.

> However, I never touched any of the tests myseld so my proposals are
> probably not quite subtantiated in this area...

Hehe..

You should write more tests, Christian!   ;)