WebServerissues, Remarks

Ervin Peters ervin.peters at ervnet.de
Tue Jan 10 12:44:22 EST 2006

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 10:00:01 -0500
Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:

> I just have no idea how to correct it or deal with it.

I suppose your systems running utf-8 as default, 'CharsetDefault'
in
 /etc/apache2/conf/httpd.conf
is set to utf-8.

(All path are the used ones on my gentoo-box, apache told my
lists.gnucash.org is running fedora, so it could be different)

Maybe you should try something like

 grep -ri charset /etc/apache2/conf/*

But the Files generated by pipermail are still iso-8859-1. I don't
know this mailman-prog, I haven't used it yet, but it seems that this
script adds and updates files in some webservice directories. It
might be /var/www/lists/pipermail/, which is published by some virtual
host declaration. This vhost declaration resides normally
in
 /etc/apache2/conf/vhosts/
and contains a virtual host entry for lists.gnucash.org. Maybe a
 grep -ri gnucash /etc/apache2/conf/vhosts/*
would clarify

One workaround could be to set
  Charsetdefault ISO-8859-1
in that virtual-host block. That would not affect the other vhosts
running on that system.

>The archives are all created by mailman.  So it's mailman that's
>putting that into the archive html.  I have no idea why or how
>to fix that.

The other option is to tell pipermail to use utf-8 and rebuild the
whole archieve, but I don't know how. Maybe I'll install it later on.

ervin
--
Ervin Peters
D-99425 Taubach