Accounts Questions

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Jan 11 10:25:57 EST 2006

Josh Sled <jsled at asynchronous.org> writes:

> It probably does this because that part of the tag ["gnc-act:"] is
> lexically an XML namespace name, but there are no namespaces declared at
> the top of the file.  Were I the software, I would complain about this
> loudly; GnuCash should traffic in correctly-namespaced account-template
> files, as we now do in the datafile.
>
> [Alternatively, we could remove the namespaces all together, and just
> have a single (default) namespace... changing <gnc:account> to
> <gnc-account>, <cmdty:space> to <cmdty-space>, &c.]

I'm wondering if we should just write a script that will convert
a "File -> Export Accounts" to an XEA file?

Also, you should make sure that the gnucash XEA parser will properly
deal with namespaces.  I had to specifically add code (in 1.8.[late])
to get gnucash to read data files with namespace declarations!