RFC: fix configure spewage from PKG_CHECK_MODULES and others.

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jan 12 17:43:11 EST 2006

Quoting Josh Sled <jsled at asynchronous.org>:

> On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 17:04 -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> Or should we just live with the spewage?  Or is there some other
>> alternative?
>
> I vote to live with it.  I'm not bothered by this output (I rarely even
> see this running in the background) and it's just one more idiosyncracy
> that can drift out of sync.

Hmm, it was easy enough to fix...  in fact I've already done the fix
and tested it.  configure is MUCH more quiet now..  :)   (at least for
me -- I haven't committed the change, yet).