problems, rev 12354

Mark Johnson mrj001 at shaw.ca
Sat Jan 14 14:39:05 EST 2006

Hi,

I tried to send a similar mail yesterday, but it was held since I had
not yet confirmed my list membership.

I built and installed g2 by:
make distclean
svn update
./autogen.sh
./configure --enable-opt-style-install --prefix=/opt/gnucash-svn12354
--enable-debug
make
su
make install DESTDIR=`pwd`/tmp

Then I made a Slackware package from the tmp directory and installed it.

The revision obtained was 12354.

I changed to the directory /opt/gnucash-svn12354/bin and ran gnucash
from there (the directory is not on my PATH).  When I started it, it put
up a dialog with the following:
Cannot find default values
The configuration data used to specify default values for Gnucash cannot
be found in the default system locations.  Without this data Gnucash
will still operate properly but it may require some extra time to
setup.  Do you wish to setup the configuration data?

I click setup and accept all the defaults in the resulting druid.
However, the same thing happens EVERY time I start it.

THen I choose File->New->New File
File->New->New Accounts Page
File->New->New Account Hierarchy.
I selected a simple checkbook, and made all top-level accounts
placeholders (also Current Assets).  No opening balances.  Then gnucash
unexpectedly quit.

I selected "restart", and went through the same sequence, except
choosing investment accounts in addition to simple checkbook.  this time
it did not crash, but only a "New top level account" showed up in the
chart of accounts.

Clicking save worked in this revision.  It had not worked for me in Rev
12327.

Mark