SVN 12355 dies on startup

Thomas Bushnell BSG tb at becket.net
Sun Jan 15 14:45:45 EST 2006

Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> writes:

> I don't know what to tell you, I'm afraid.  Nobody else seems to be having
> trouble with this (or at least nobody else has complained).  I know we
> have plenty of Debian users so I suspect more it's something with your
> particular system, not gnucash.

Perhaps you have not received the two messages I sent just yesterday?
Nobody replied, so perhaps they were lost.

This is happening to all Debian users who are using slib-3a2 which
just became available on Debian for gnucash this week.  (It had been
delayed for a while until the linkage code in guile was fixed to adapt
as well.)

It is happening with gnucash 1.8 and with the current gnucash SVN as
noted, with the same problems.

Please see the messages I already sent about this.

I suspect this affects everyone using slib 3a2, and the reason you
haven't seen it is only that you haven't done the upgrade.

It is certainly possible that this is caused by a bug in the Debian
packaging of slib 3a2 or the new glue code in guile-1.7.  Still, it is
a serious problem, and it certainly does affect everyone.