To Linas ... Re: [Gnucash-changes] r12818 - htdocs/trunk : GLOBALS

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Tue Jan 17 11:51:49 EST 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-17 at 11:35 -0500, Josh Sled wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-01-17 at 11:14 -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> > > Maybe we need a symlink in each translated subdirectory :
> > > en/news -> news/ etc. but that would require some kind of svn ignore and
> > > script setup / readme.
> >
> > Assuming symlinks is probably not a good idea.  If we're GOING to
> > assume symlinks then you might need to create a "build_tree.sh" in the
> > top level that builds all the symlinks you need in order to get the
> > proper configuration.
>
> Well, subversion can handle the symlinks, though I'm not sure what it
> does with them in windows filesystems.

Now I do:

"Note: Windows clients don't have symbolic links, and thus ignore any
svn:special files coming from a repository that claim to be symbolic
links. On Windows, the user ends up with an ordinary versioned file in
the working copy."
  - http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.advanced.props.html#svn.advanced.props.special.special

And so do you.
--