double-clicking on account names post-r12357

Glen Ditchfield gjditchfield at acm.org
Tue Jan 17 19:56:09 EST 2006

On Tuesday 17 January 2006 08:47, Mark Johnson wrote:
> A single-click on the little bank icon also activates the account
> rename.
I haven't seen the new interface, but I hope that is actually a fairly large,
easy-to-hit bank icon.  10 or 12 points, perhaps? One of my gripes with
GnuCash 1.8's interface is that the [+] icon to expand and collapse account
subtrees is so small on my 120dpi monitor.

> Shouldn't it then have the more convenient access by double-clicking the
> account  name?  I think renaming the account should be done by selecting
> Edit  Account from the context menu and changing it there?

Opening a register is done so often, and all of the other operations on an
account are done so rarely, that I would be happy if single-click opened the
register, and everything else was done through the context menu.