Where post issues/observations on Gnome2 GNUCash?

Dave Herman dvherman at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 21:31:58 EST 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-16 at 11:47 -0500, Josh Sled wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-01-07 at 10:56 -0500, Josh Sled wrote:
> > > 5) Assets over Time
> > [...]
> > > Graph is very compressed with Max Bars = 13 if Max Bars is >13 no bars
> > > are displayed.
> > > Legend is displayed in all cases tested but uses a large font.
> >
> > Hmm.  Yeah, that's a pretty big font for both the legend and axes.
> > Unfortunately, I don't have enough asset accounts to get >12
> > bar-segments... I'll have to create one to see this occur.
>
> I'm unable to reproduce this; I can easily get >=13 bar segments to
> display...
>
> Are you using an external goffice? What does
> `grep "Native goffice" config.log` at the top-level of your build-tree
> return?

I'm now testing on revision 12818.

I do not believe I have goffice installed, at least I don't remember
installing it.  To confirm ...

[dvherman at FedoraDev gnome2-gnucash]$ grep "Native goffice" config.log
  Native goffice.........: no
[dvherman at FedoraDev gnome2-gnucash]$

I've created a "testing data" file with enough Asset accounts to
reproduce the issue.  It is not as significant compression as my master
(backup copy of course) file does.  The issue appears to be related to
the number of accounts selected, the number of bars specified and
perhaps the "accounts level".  If I select select several accounts over
the number of bars to display, I display a "compressed" chart.

I did just notice that the horizontal axis does not have a time label
but the first asset account selected.

rather than post screen shots of the display and the options selected
here I will/could e-mail any of the files you would like to see.  Do you
like just the XML file or which other would be useful?

> Is this true for you, as well, with the Expense Barchart?  There I can
> also get plenty of bar-segments without issue.

Have not tried this yet - perhaps tomorrow.

Dave