Where post issues/observations on Gnome2 GNUCash?

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Wed Jan 18 17:09:48 EST 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 13:49 -0700, Dave Herman wrote:
> I believe the issue is related to the size of the legend box - if one of
> the accounts is renamed (easy with the current build) the graph is
> "compressed" or even suppressed.

I only cursorily looked through your screenshots [note to -devel, these
screenshots were sent off-list in the interests of data-file privacy],
but was thinking the same thing...

> In the TestData2 file rename the "Market Index" to a very long name (+12
> characters) and reload the report/graph.  Is there a method to limit the
> legend size?

Well, we certainly control the content of the data-series labels we send
to GOG ... so we could truncate them at 8..10 characters or something.
Also, hopefully we can reduce the default/base font-size used for the
legend.  Between the two, I think we can coax a more reasonable behavior
out of it.

--
...jsled