double-clicking on account names post-r12357

David Hampton hampton-gnucash at rainbolthampton.net
Thu Jan 19 11:08:38 EST 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-17 at 11:07 -0500, Chris Shoemaker wrote:

> I agree.  If it was "reasonably" well-behaved, using Josh's
> definition, it would be nice.  But the current behavior is worse than
> allowing no name-edit in the tree view.

Editing the account tree is not a common operation.  I'd prefer to see
*all* the in-placed editing disabled by default (including d-n-d tree
reordering when implemented) with a menu option to enable it.  That
would provide the best of both worlds.  You can perform all your account
editing in one place, but you're not constantly irritated by opening
edit fields when you meant to open an account register.

David