failing configure..

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat Jan 21 14:55:24 EST 2006

Quoting Tor Harald Thorland <linux at strigen.com>:

> Found the fault, the error was me who hasn't installed the C
> compiler... But why doesn't it give a more clearly error when a major
> package like this is missing.

AC_PROG_CC should error out if it finds no C compiler.  I've never
tried building on a system without a compiler so I've never tried
this particular failure mode.   I've never run a system without a compiler.

[snip]
> sh: indent: command not found

This means you don't have the "indent" package installed.  It's just a
warning, so you can (probably) safely ignore it...

[snip]
> - -o .libs/engine-helpers.o
> engine-helpers.c:27:24: error: g-wrap-wct.h: No such file or directory

Okay, THIS means you're running with a broken version of g-wrap.  What
OS/Distro?  What version(s) of g-wrap do you have?