failing configure..

Tor Harald Thorland linux at strigen.com
Sun Jan 22 10:52:18 EST 2006

Andreas Köhler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sunday, 22 Jan 2006, 14:55 CET, Tor Harald Thorland wrote:
>
>> The only problem here is that the g-wrap package depends on the
>> g-wrap runtime wich again dep on libffi, wich again dep on gcc
>> base wich ...... again..... And changing the gcc package breaks
>> 800 other packages...
>

> Well, I do not understand your dep chain, looking at:
>
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/dapper/interpreters/g-wrap (1.9.6-3,
> depends on libgwrap-runtime0-dev (= 1.9.6-3))
>
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/dapper/libdevel/libgwrap-runtime0-dev
> (1.9.6-3, depends on libffi4-dev)
>
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/breezy/libdevel/libffi4-dev
> (4.0.1-4ubuntu9, is a breezy package)
>
> So maybe it is possible to install g-wrap without dist-upgrading.

The info on the page must be wrong. I tryed to install the package,
and in the end I ended up with the package libffi & the gcc package
wich will break the system.

Below is the output of the install of the libffi package and as you
can see it deps on 4.0.2-7-4ubuntu9 and NOT the 4.0.1 wich I already
has installed.

tortho at inspiron:~/Desktop/installed$ sudo dpkg -i
libffi4_4.0.2-7ubuntu1_i386.deb
Password:
(Reading database ... 75376 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace libffi4 4.0.1-4ubuntu9 (using
libffi4_4.0.2-7ubuntu1_i386.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement libffi4 ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libffi4:
 libffi4 depends on gcc-4.0-base (= 4.0.2-7ubuntu1); however:
  Version of gcc-4.0-base on system is 4.0.1-4ubuntu9.
dpkg: error processing libffi4 (--install):
 libffi4
tortho at inspiron:~/Desktop/installed$

> Btw, citing www.ubuntulinux.org, "Ubuntu will make a new release
> every six months.". I do not know the exact date, expect it to be
> directly after a release, the ubuntu drivers vote/choose a name for
> the next release (will be Dapper Drake this time).
>
> -- andi5

Thats correct, Dapper Drake is the next one, and will be released in
April. A week or so ago, the released their alpha 3 version (also
known as flight) I tryed this one now, and got some errors when trying
to install gnucash from svn. The gnucash version delivered with Dapper
Drake is not working. (The Gnucash 1.8XXX release) Complaining about
some variable not set/found... (Can supply more info if I install it
again.

If someone here can help me through the troubles on Dapper Drake, so
we can send the problems to the correct receivers,,, then I will
install it on my laptop, and continue updating it until the release.

Tor Harald