QSF Import glade problems

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Sun Jan 22 16:58:13 EST 2006

On Sunday 22 January 2006 9:41 pm, Neil Williams wrote:
> OK, I struck lucky and I've got most of that done by hand, without console
> errors.
> ;-)

Nope. Still bust.

There must be (if not, should be) a better way.
:-(

(I just loathe GUI programming - and tonight is a classic reason why. 4hrs
wasted because the edits can only be tested after a local make install AND
running that specific function in the GUI. Even writing Gtk in C isn't much
easier, most errors aren't picked up until runtime - all these arbitrary
property strings drive me nuts - you have to run the program even to find a
typo. Why can't Gtk have an API that picks up errors at compile time?)

--

Neil Williams