QSF Import glade problems

David Hampton hampton-gnucash at rainbolthampton.net
Sun Jan 22 18:34:28 EST 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-22 at 15:16 -0800, Brian wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-22-01 at 17:05 -0500, David Hampton wrote:
> > On Sun, 2006-01-22 at 21:27 +0000, Neil Williams wrote:
> > > Is there a usable tool for editing src/gnome/glade/merge.glade ?
> >
> > glade-2.
>
> Some advice... Pick one version of of the glade-2 series for everyone to
> use, then stick with it for this release.  There are numerous widget
> property differences in the files saved by different versions.  It will
> cause numerous confusing + & - in the diffs when committing.

Not to mention runtime complaints when an older libglade tries to parse
the file.

The version of glade-2 that ships with FC3 is our standard.  I've
written and committed a script (called glade-fixup) to remove newer
properties since I do all my work on an FC4 system.  This script should
be run by everyone before committing glade files.

David