Failing make on svn

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Mon Jan 23 15:29:35 EST 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-23 at 20:09 +0100, Tor Harald Thorland wrote:
> I guess that this is a problem in the Ubuntu development version...
> Below is the text from the package descriptions..
>
> libgsf-1: (Version 1.12.3)
> Structured File Library - runtime version
> This is the basic runtime version of libgsf. It does not provide
> GNOME-specific extensions.
>
> I tryed to remove this package, and synaptics did. There where no
> packages that deps on it.

Hmm.  I'd imagine that gnumeric depends on it, at least... but I'm

[By way of clarification, I didn't mean that the library itself was a
problem, so much as a version mismatch between the library and the
supporting devel package might be.]

> tortho at inspiron:~/source/gnucash$ pkg-config --cflags libgsf-1
> -I/usr/include/libgsf-1 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0
> -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/libxml2
> tortho at inspiron:~/source/gnucash$ pkg-config --libs libgsf-1
> -lgsf-1 -lgobject-2.0 -lxml2 -lz -lm -lglib-2.0

Hmm.  Those values are what I'd expect to see.  Moreover, those strings
should be the values of GSF_{CFLAGS,LIBS} repsectively.

If you re- ./configure, does `grep "^GSF_" config.log` still return
empty strings?  Also, what does `grep "Native" config.log` report re:
libgsf?

--
...jsled