more library structure

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Jan 25 17:58:01 EST 2006

David Hampton <hampton-gnucash at rainbolthampton.net> writes:

> On Wed, 2006-01-25 at 14:58 -0500, Chris Shoemaker wrote:
>
>> I'm going to see how painful it is to move gnc-main-window and its
>> dependencies (e.g. gnc-plugin-manager) from gnome-utils into gnome.
>
> Have fun.  :-)  Some of that code originally moved from gnome to
> gnome-utils because of compile time dependencies.

Yea, that code doesn't belong in gnome.  Rarely is there a reason to
move from gnome-utils -> gnome unless there's a compile-time
dependency.  More often I'd like to see motion from gnome ->
gnome-utils.

FWIW, I still want to see enough of gnome initialized earlier such
that the splash screen can get instantiated earlier.  You removed my
gnucash-bin.c comment about "start the splash screen here" in your
recent set of commits...  But my comment still stands.  I want the
splash screen up BEFORE you call load_gnucash_modules().