Failing make on svn

Tor Harald Thorland linux at strigen.com
Mon Jan 30 15:22:03 EST 2006

Derek Atkins wrote:
> Tor Harald Thorland <linux at strigen.com> writes:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> Thanks a lot! Heres the output without libgf-gnome packages.
>>
>> checking for GTK - version >= 2.6.0... yes
>> checking for pango version >= 1.8.0... yes
>> checking for libgsf >= 1.12.2... found
>> checking for libgsf-1 >= 1.12.2 libgsf-gnome-1 >= 1.12.2... Package
>> libgsf-gnome-1 was not found in the pkg-config search path. Perhaps you should
>> add the directory containing `libgsf-gnome-1.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH
>> environment variable No package 'libgsf-gnome-1' found
>> configure: error: Library requirements (libgsf-1 >= 1.12.2 libgsf-gnome-1 >=
>> 1.12.2) not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
>> if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.
>>
>> The latest svn does still build correctly  with it installed.
>>

> EXCELLENT!  Thank you for testing this, Tor.  Also, thank you for your
> help (and patience!) in tracking it down.
>
> -derek

It shall be me thanking you (and all the others) for helping me out.
What I do is not verry clever.. an amateur building programs from svn on
a developers version of ubuntu...

But it looks like i've been digging up a couple of things wich the more
experinced users don't find, since they have their systems running in a
"good shape". :-)

I will put some more effort into the translation again soon, so that we
maybe can get a "complete" norwegian translation in the 2.0 release.

I've seen a lot of messages about webpage & html docs lately.. is it
possible to translate the web page also? (I can dig up the mails and
read them myself, but its hundreds of them :-)

THT