problems with g2

Mark Johnson mrj001 at shaw.ca
Fri Jan 13 18:45:06 EST 2006

Hi,

I built and installed g2 by:
make distclean
svn co http:/svn.gnucash.org/repo/gnucash/trunk
./autogen.sh
./configure --enable-opt-style-install --prefix=/opt/gnucash-svn
make
su
make install

The revision obtained was 12327.

I changed to the directory /opt/gnucash-svn/bin and ran gnucash from
there (the directory is not on my PATH).  When I started it, it put up a
druid for some configuration.  I did not note the specifics of this, but
it was something to do with a path  in .gconf.

I was able to create a few accounts, but when I tried to enter
transactions, the numbers would disappear when I left the cells by
either tabbing or pressing enter.

When I selected "File-Save As", it allowed me to create a new directory
in my home, I entered a file name and clicked OK. I got an error stating
that it was unable to parse the URL; the URL being the path and file
name to which I had selected saving the data.  It had nothing like
"file://" on the beginning.  It was simply
"/mnt/raid/home/mj/gnucash-svn12327/books.xac".

Both these issues seem too obvious not to have been noticed.  Any ideas?

In 1.8.12, when selecting an account for a split in the register,
pressing ":" would complete the account name and allow one to select an
account lower in the hierarchy.  This no longer worked.  One really
notices the lack of convenience when it is gone.

Mark