2.0.0 compile hangs

Brian dol-sen at telus.net
Tue Jul 11 04:48:17 EDT 2006

I've a gentoo system.  I find that the 2.0 release is hanging at:

checking for pthread_mutex_init... yes
checking for strptime... yes
checking for localtime_r... yes
checking what extra warning flags to pass to the C compiler...

Where it stalls and the process waits forever.  CPU usage goes to zero
for the process.  If I cntrl-c the process. It actually continues and
adds the extra flags and continues rather than kill the process only to
hang again later.  I thought that I may have a broken tool chain, but
-1.9.8 emerges just fine.  The problem has happened with both josh's
1.9.x ebuild and an slightly modified ebuild for 2.0.0.  I've also
downloaded the source twice and both md5sums match, but I was unable to
find an md5sum posted for it.

I saw that there are other configure problems on the -user list.  Has
no-one else had any problems like this?
--
Brian <dol-sen at telus.net>