Policy RFC: branches/2.0 change process

Conrad Canterford conrad at mail.watersprite.com.au
Wed Jul 12 21:40:55 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-12 at 20:26 -0400, Chris Shoemaker wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 07:33:55PM -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> > Then how do we get a proposed change audited before it's commited to
> > the 2.0 branch?

Would a 2.0-testing branch solve this issue? We keep a pristine, tested
and approved 2.0 branch, and also have a testing branch where people can
commit stuff for others to verify/approve. Gets around the problem of
"head" code diverging from 2.0 (especially with register rewrites a
possible mooted change I think this could be an issue). I'm assuming
that its not too hard to pull changes between branches....?

I must admit I'm not too familiar with how svn differs from cvs, so this
may not be practical with svn...

Conrad.