2.0.0 compile hangs

Brian dol-sen at telus.net
Wed Jul 12 22:24:25 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-12-07 at 11:06 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Quoting Brian <dol-sen at telus.net>:
>
> > big_squirt gnucash-2.0.0 # sh -x ./util/gnc-svnversion .
> > + '[' -n . ']'
> > + '[' -d . ']'
> > + test -h ./Makefile.am
> > + real_srcdir=.
> > + test -d ./.svn
> > + which svk
> > + test 0 '!=' 0
> > ++ svk info .
>
> Huh.  So you have svk installed...  But "svk info ." is hanging??
> What happens if you run "svk info ." by hand?  I bet I know what's
> going on... I bet you don't have an svk depot set up so "svk info"
> is asking if you want to create it..  and there's no input so it
> just hangs.
>
> Can you run "svk info ." by hand and see if it asks you something?
> (say "no" or quit out if it does ask you).
>
> -derek

Yup.  It was early this morning and I didn't have much time before work.
I didn't notice  that it was hung there.  Anyway I had to interrupt it
and it then showed the question and the rest of the info.

+ svkinfo='Repository /root/.svk/local does not exist, create? (y/n)Interrupted.'
+ test 2 '!=' 0
+ exit 1
big_squirt gnucash-2.0.0 # svk info
Repository /root/.svk/local does not exist, create? (y/n)y
path /var/tmp/portage/gnucash-2.0.0/work/gnucash-2.0.0 is not a checkout path.
big_squirt gnucash-2.0.0 # svk info
path /var/tmp/portage/gnucash-2.0.0/work/gnucash-2.0.0 is not a checkout path.

Anyway, I think I installed it back when you guys were thinking about
switching to svk, svn, etc., I unmerged it now.   It is happily
compiling now without the hang.

Just in case here is the results on the now compiling src, and the
command didn't hang either :)

big_squirt gnucash-2.0.0 # sh -x ./util/gnc-svnversion .
+ '[' -n . ']'
+ '[' -d . ']'
+ test -h ./Makefile.am
+ real_srcdir=.
+ test -d ./.svn
+ which svk
+ test 1 '!=' 0
+ exit 1
big_squirt gnucash-2.0.0 #

Thank you so much.  I will attach the relevant info to gentoo's bug for
the new gnucash-2.0.0 in case anyone else has trouble with it for this
reason.

Won't that happen on any system with svk installed since they most
likely will not have set up svk when run as root, but the package
manager is running with root privileges?

--
Brian <dol-sen at telus.net>