command-line .scm execution (was Re: Where's --load for 2.0.0?

Larry Evans cppljevans at cox-internet.com
Thu Jul 13 17:43:10 EDT 2006

On 07/13/2006 04:20 PM, Chris Shoemaker wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 12:29:31PM -0500, Larry Evans wrote:
>
>>On 07/13/2006 12:10 PM, Derek Atkins wrote:
>>
>>>This "feature" was removed because when we asked online nobody said
>>>they were using it.  What are you using it for?
>>
>>To prototyp scm code to calculate average annualized rate of return
>>(aaror).
>
> <snip>
>
> Can you just use guile to test your scheme code?  GnuCash is not
> intended to be a general-purpose scheme interpreter, but guile is.
>
> -chris
Good idea.  I'll just have to read guile manual to figure how to
specify the directory where modules are found.  I had tried
figuring how gnucash does this and found:

   /usr/bin/gnucash-env
   gnucash-2.0.0/src/report/standard-reports/test/test-load-module

but maybe doing as you suggest would be simpler.