gnucash on alpha?

David Hampton hampton-gnucash at rainbolthampton.net
Sun Jul 16 13:25:17 EDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-07-15 at 18:01 -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> Does anyone have any positive evidence of the new gnucash (post 1.8)
> working on alpha?  A debian user (bugs.debian.org/378346) gets a fatal
> crash every time, and got such a crash with 1.9 as well.  The 1.9
> crash was mentioned on debian-user, but there was no list traffic
> about it beyond the initial report.

The initial report sounded like the same problem gnucash 1.9/2.0 has on
a MacIntel system.  The application runs correctly until a register is
opened.  On the MacIntel the crash is in the gnome canvas library in a
place that seems unrelated to gnucash.  However, none of the developers
have a MacIntel system to be able to recreate the crash and investigate
further.  I haven't seen a stack trace for the Alpha crash so I have no
way to correlate to determine if it truly is the same problem.

David