gnucash on WIndows

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Jul 18 09:13:46 EDT 2006

Quoting Andrew Wood <andrew at gn.apc.org>:

> Hi all,
>
> This is a slight aside but I wondered about replacing the services
> provided by guile with those of Mono. Anyone know how similar the
> runtime services are?

Please see the FAQ.  Replacing guile would be a MAJOR piece of work,
and IMHO would have little positive effect.  It's not guile, per se,
that has the problem.  It is, however, more likely a "problem" in how
gnucash uses guile.  Gnucash 2.0 is much better about it, but I still
think we need to "fix" our modularization methods.

> As I understand it guile is infrequently maintained (could be wrong) so
> that was what prompted me to think of this.

You understand incorrectly.  Guile is maintained, and even actively developed.
However, g-wrap is currently not well-maintained...

> Andrew

-derek