Very Slow Account Tree Refresh

Georgi Mirchev manager at mirchevideas.com
Fri Jun 2 14:07:43 EDT 2006

Hi,

I think that there is some serious issue with the refresh of the Account
tree. When creating new files everything works fine, and pretty fast.
The problem comes when I import by data, about 400k (compressed) file
from 1.8. Here is what happens:
1. If I move the mouse over them buttons in the toolbar I can see them
going in and out of focus very fast.
2. If I move the mouse over the menus, going from one top menu too
another top menu is very slow. The reason is that when a top menu is
opened/closed it hides some of the Account window. Thus the Accounts
tree needs refreshing, which is painfully slow - almost makes gnucash
unusable on my AMD 2800+.
When I do the same, i.e. mouse over menus, but I have something else in
the current window, for example, ledger, the menus work much faster.

If I do fast switching in ledger window I can also see cpu usage, but in
Xorg process. If I switch menus in the Account window I can see a lot of
cpu usage in gnucash.

Regards,
Georgi