Issues/Observations with OFX & online banking

Martin Preuss aquamaniac at gmx.de
Mon Jun 5 11:32:11 EDT 2006

Hi,

On Monday 05 June 2006 12:32, Herbert Valerio Riedel wrote:
[...]
> I hope this is the right list for this kind of mail... :-)
It surely is :-)

[...]
> *) UI HBCI<->OFX;
> gnucash refers to HBCI only in its dialogs, although showing data
> sources coming from other aqbanking backends as well... this is a bit
> confusing imho
[...]
Right, but that has to do with the online banking history of Gnucash. It was
the first free financial application to implement online banking, and at that
time it used OpenHBCI to support the HBCI protocol.

Later it switched over to my newer project AqBanking which as of now support
OFX DirectConnect, YellowNet and DTAUS-Disc in addition to HBCI, thus
broadening the range of Gnucash's online banking facillities.

> *) OFX encoding ignored?;
> Importing from OFX files within gnucash (and also downloading
> transactions directly from within gnucash) seems to ignore the OFX
> charset encoding; the OFX files (version 1.02) I've encountered had
>
> ENCODING:USASCII
> CHARSET:1252
[...]
This is rather a question for the libofx-devel mailing list, but the author of
that library used to read this list as well, so maybe he is already looking
into that...

[...]
> I'm using www.easybank.at (should use similiar OFX server as
> www.bawag.at) with the following settings:
> (the OFX capatibilities of my bank alas don't include listing accounts,
> just downloading statements and issuing payments are supported, but I
> haven't tested the latter one yet...)
>
> bankId="14200"
> bankName="easybank AG"
> location="Wien"
> street="Quellenstra%C3%9Fe 51%2D55"
> zipcode="1100"
> city="Wien"
> services {
>   element {
>     type="OFX"
>     address="https%3A%2F%2Febanking.easybank.at%2FPebOfx%2Fpebofx"
>     pversion="102"
>     aux1="EASYBANKFID"
>     aux2="easybankORG"
>   }
> }
[...]

Thank you very much, I will include this with the next release of AqBanking!
Hopefully more people from AT send information like this.

I tried to support the native Austrian online banking protocol as well, but
the Stuzza was extremely uncooperative. Actually, they were quite rude so I
decided to drop this matter...

Regards
Martin

--
"Things are only impossible until they're not"

AqBanking - http://www.aqbanking.de/
LibChipcard - http://www.libchipcard.de/