GnuCash 1.9.7 doesn't run

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jun 16 12:38:24 EDT 2006

Quoting Daniel Espinosa <esodan at gmail.com>:

> But what will happend with that dependency once gnucash will be packaged for
> Ubuntu?

Not our area.  ask the ubuntu people.  the debian package already
properly includes the required runtime package, so it depends on
whether ubuntu pulls it from debian or does it itself.  Ask them

>    or what about the dependency check in the  configure script?

There is a test, but you probably ignored it.  This is a RUNTIME
requirement, not a BUILDTIME requiremnet.  You don't need the g-wrap
runtime to build gnucash, so it wasn't deemed a fatal error.  But
if you ignored the output, well, that your own fault.

Note that the test isn't perfect -- it can find the g-wrap 1.3.4
runtime and will accept that as valid, even though you're running
with g-wrap 1.9.6.  So, no, the test isn't perfect, but honestly there's
only so much we can do when your distribution decides to screw you.