new banner, gnucash.org style change?

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Fri Jun 23 21:26:45 EDT 2006

Incorporating the new banner into the www.gnucash.org site isn't
entirely obvious, as the colors in the banner and logo don't work with
the header (and footer) background color.  I've tried a few different
options, as listed below.

Once we figure out what we like best, I'll update the wiki accordingly.

You can switch between the variants on a single page by changing the
alternate stylesheet in your browser (View > Page Styles > [name]) in
Moz, but I've included 'direct' URLs as well; they're not at
www.gnucash.org/beta/ because of problems.

  - 'simplicity': white header/footer with a border.
     http://asynchronous.org/tmp/www.gnucash.org/?style=0

  - 'simplicity and links': same, with links in the same purple of
     the 'GNU' of the logo.
     http://asynchronous.org/tmp/www.gnucash.org/?style=0-a

  - 'lighter': the original header color, but lightened simplistically
     a bit.
     http://asynchronous.org/tmp/www.gnucash.org/?style=1

  - 'newsitem sync': the background-color of the news item headers.
     http://asynchronous.org/tmp/www.gnucash.org/?style=2

'simplicity and links' is my favorite.

What do you all think?

--