Gnucash Close Tab Ordering

Adam Rosi-Kessel adam at rosi-kessel.org
Fri Jun 30 14:30:43 EDT 2006

On May 28, 2006, David Hampton wrote:
> Its always the tab that was most recently in front. Has nothing to do
> with the ordering of the tabs in the notebook. For example, say you have
> five tabs open and looked at them in the order 1, 3, 5, 2, 4. If you
> close the open tab, which it tab 4, you will go back to tab 2. If you
> then close that tab, you go back to what was originally tab 5. Close
> that, and you're back to what was originally tab 3. This is exactly the
> same way the Firefox functions.

But this isn't true at all. Firefox doesn't maintain a tab stack. If you
close the rightmost tab, you are always moved to the tab immediately to the
left of it. If you close the leftmost tab, you are moved to the tab to the
right of it. If you close a tab in the middle, you are also moved to the
next tab to the right. This has been true with Firefox as long as I can
remember Firefox supporting tabs at all.

I find the new "tab stack" ordering very confusing/nonintuitive/nonstandard.
Am I missing something? If you want to close all tabs quickly, you first
have to run through them so the stack is set up in the right order, and then
you can keep hitting close until they're all closed. This doesn't make sense.

Adam