r13522 - gnucash/trunk/po - updated en_GB translation, 3724 translated

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Tue Mar 7 16:46:19 EST 2006

Hi Neil,

since we just talked about the ngettext(3) messages, I checked these in
en_GB.po. There's an error in one of them, but the other two are correct.
Here's the error:

#. Translators: %d is the number of prices. This
#. is a ngettext(3) message.
#: ../src/gnome/dialog-price-edit-db.c:167
#, c-format
msgid "Are you sure you want to delete the %d selected price?"
msgid_plural "Are you sure you want to delete the %d selected prices?"
msgstr[0] "Are you sure you want to delete the selected price?"
msgstr[1] "Are you sure you want to delete the %d selected prices?"

- the msgstr[0] doesn't contain the printf format argument. That is not
correct. All msgstr's *must* contain the same printf arguments, regardless of
whether you would considers this unnecessary for your translation. The
translation is still passed to printf() and the rest of the arguments are
unchanged, so the format arguments must stay the same. You already have it
correct in the other messages:

#. Translators: %i is the number of conflicts. This is a
#. ngettext(3) message.
#: ../src/gnome/druid-merge.c:334
#, c-format
msgid "%i conflict needs to be resolved."
msgid_plural "%i conflicts need to be resolved."
msgstr[0] "%i conflict needs to be resolved."
msgstr[1] "%i conflicts needs to be resolved."

Christian