Recent problems building from SVN trunk

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat Mar 11 13:45:09 EST 2006

Quoting David Herman <dvherman at gmail.com>:

> I've attached the log created from "make all install > makeall.log"

GRF.  I need the logs from both stdout AND stderr together.  Using tcsh:

   make all install |& tee -i makelog

Using bash:

  ( make all install 2>&1 ) | tee -i makelog

> This was using the above three commands in sequence, I did append sudo
> for the "rm" & "make".

No need to sudo for the make...  What I do is 'chown warlord /opt/gnucash-svn'
so I don't need root to 'make install'.  IMHO it's safer that way.

[snip]
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgw-engine
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> libtool: install: error: relink `libgncmod-app-utils.la' with the above
> command before installing it
> libtool: install: warning: relinking `libgw-app-utils.la'
[snip]

This is the key here.   I'm intrested why the make didn't quit here.
Do you, perhaps, have some environment variable set to tell make to
continue past errors?