r13605 - gnucash/trunk - fix the build-order (and install order) of the engine libs.

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Mar 13 10:31:24 EST 2006

Christian Stimming <stimming at tuhh.de> writes:

> Am Samstag, 11. März 2006 22:52 schrieb Derek Atkins:
>> Author: warlord
>> Date: 2006-03-11 16:52:31 -0500 (Sat, 11 Mar 2006)
>> New Revision: 13605
>> Trac: http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/changeset/13605
>>
>> Modified:
>>    gnucash/trunk/ChangeLog
>>    gnucash/trunk/src/engine/Makefile.am
>> Log:
>> fix the build-order (and install order) of the engine libs.
>
> What surprises me here is that the order of the arguments to
> pkglib_LTLIBRARIES matters at all. I had various orders in this variable, but
> in the end I thought the build order was only depending on the dependencies
> (no pun intended) between the libraries in question. The dependencies make it
> clear that the order should be as you have written them now, but on my build
> this was already the case (due to the correct dependencies), and the order
> was particularly *not* depending on the order of the names in the
> pkglib_LTLIBRARIES variable. (Which is why I didn't change that variable in
> my commit that changed the dependencies.) I wonder whether people might run
> into problems here only if the dependencies couldn't be evaluated for
> whatever reason?

I suspect the debian/ubuntu libtool b0rkenness in this.  The order on
the list is the order it will try to install.  It also tries to relink
during install.  When it tries to install libgw-engine (which was
earlier in the list than libgncmod-engine), it failed to install
because libgncmod-engine wasn't already installed.