Bug 107929

don Paolo Benvenuto paolobenve at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 12:47:57 EST 2006

El vie, 17-03-2006 a las 09:22 -0500, Derek Atkins escribió:
> don Paolo Benvenuto <paolobenve at gmail.com> writes:
>
> >> Well, for one thing it would require answering Chris' latest
> >> questions.  There's a lot of questions about how such a register
> >> should behave.  I'm not even sure what it means to have a basic
> >> register over multiple accounts.  What is the "this account" of the
> >> transactions on display?  What do you do if the accounts have
> >> different commodities?
> >
> > I think the "balance" column should be the "total" you can put put as a
> > column in the accounts tab: there it calculates the balance including
> > all the txns in the sub accounts.
>
> The total in what currency/commodity?  There's no guarantee that the
> subtree is all in the same one.  What do you do if you've got an
> account in USD, another in EUR, and then a handful of stock accounts
> in various commodities?

Simply, the total is shown in the currency/commodity of the account you
are asking the "account and its subaccounts" register.

Exactly as it's shown and calculated when you put the "total" column in
the main account window (tab)

> > The difference would be that in the "sub accounts register" there should
> > be the two accounts involved in the txn, both on the same line, and the
> > "sub accounts balance" calculated for each txn the same way it is
> > calculated in the total column of the accounts tab.
>
> Don't forget about multi-split transactions.  Two is the /minimum/
> number.  You could have three, four, five, six accounts involved
> in a single transaction (or more!).
>
> I don't understand what you mean by "both on the same line".

No, efectively you're right, it isn't necessary nor would be simple to
put all the data on one single line.

I think we could present the register window as it's presented now when
requesting with the "open subaccounts" menu entry, adding after the "tot
funds In" and "tot funds out" (I'm referring to a cash account) another
column where for each txn, no matter it has 2, 3 or more splits, the
total balance is shown.

The total balance would be the one calculated with the algorithm used in
the "total" column of the main accounts tab.

> I also don't understand what you mean by "sub accounts balance".

Precisely that same that appears in that "total" column

--
Buon Cammino!

don Paolo Benvenuto

Vuoi sapere di più su quello che succede qui?
leggi il mio diario a http://www.chiesamissionaria.it/diario

Visita l'enciclopedia libera, dove puoi contribuire anche tu:
http://it.wikipedia.org/