Notes for building on Debian

Fabien COELHO fabien at coelho.net
Thu Mar 23 03:35:57 EST 2006

Hello Derek,

>>> These are my notes for getting the gnucash tarball, and later
>>> gnucash svn, to build under debian, in particular the packages
>>> I needed to install.  I had been hoping to clean them up and
>>
>> Maybe these notes could be added somewhere to the source tree.
>> I would suggest to put them as "doc/build-debian.txt".
>
> Nah -- just put them on the Wiki.

So remove other build-*.txt files in the doc and put them on the wiki as
well. Do not put similar files in two totally different places.

AFAIC, I would look for installation instructions within the sources, not
within the web site. Well, wherever it is, put all install docs at the
same place.

Have a nice day,

--
Fabien.