1.9.6, 2.0 releng, schedule proposal

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Mon May 8 13:40:56 EDT 2006

--On May 7, 2006 3:37:17 PM -0400 Josh Sled <jsled at asynchronous.org>
wrote:

> For 2.0, as well, there's still a lot left.  In particular...
>
> http://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?product=GnuCash&bug_status=NEW&
> bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&target
> _milestone=2.0.0
>
> ...is the 2.0-blocker list.  It still has two unconfirmed critical
> bugs that we should get some eyes on...

I would think that both 340885 and 340438 should be on this list too.
If GnuCash starts creating invalid transactions people aren't going to
trust it (340438).  340885 may not be quite as serious, but simply
clicking on a transaction in the register changes it and saving it at
that point would make it invalid.  You have to cancel a change that you
didn't really make to avoid trouble.

This raises a meta question.  Who has the authority to set the target
milestone field of a bug?  Can someone who reports a bug set it or
should it be done by someone with more authority?

Mike Alexander           mta at umich.edu
Ann Arbor, MI            PGP key ID: BEA343A6