r14026, unable to open files

Andreas Köhler andi5.py at gmx.net
Sun May 14 07:23:43 EDT 2006

Hi,

first of all, sorry for not replying to the commit message, I have
the bad habit to immediately delete them ;-) Will try to keep some
for later use.

As of r14037, which is my first r14k, I cannot open GnuCash files,
similar to what has been reported in another thread. I suspect this
is due to the change in r14026, titled "Minor cleanups to
gnc_counter_end_handler()". It seems to me that this is not only a
cleanup, but rather changes the functionality of the code.

Prior:
/* Do *NOT* flag this as an error. Gnucash 1.8 writes invalid
 * xml by writing the 'cd:type' attribute without providing
 * the namespace in the gnc:count-data tag.  The parser is
 * entirely within its rights to refuse to read this bad
 * attribute. Gnucash will function correctly without the data
 * in this tag, so just let the error pass. */
return TRUE;

After:
ret = FALSE;

OTOH, GnuCash still works for the some of you, so I do not know :)

-- andi5