multiple gnucash's running

Brian Dolbec brian_dolbec at telus.net
Fri May 12 10:27:40 EDT 2006

I just ran into a problem with 1.8.12 that may still be in the 1.9
series.

I had started gnucash, entered an invoice, then realized it was with a
backup file I was testing with.  Used the open recent to open the real
data file.  Gnucash was started in an new window with the other file.
While that one was starting I clicked on the first instance which then
began filling up with reports and such from the second instance.  Guile
then crashed (sorry, didn't get the details).  The only thing printed in
the terminal was:

GLib-CRITICAL **: file ghash.c: line 138 (g_hash_table_lookup):
assertion `hash_ table != NULL' failed.

GLib-CRITICAL **: file ghash.c: line 138 (g_hash_table_lookup):
assertion `hash_ table != NULL' failed.

GLib-CRITICAL **: file ghash.c: line 138 (g_hash_table_lookup):
assertion `hash_ table != NULL' failed.
Warning: PrintAmountInternal: Bad numeric.
Warning: PrintAmountInternal: Bad numeric.
Warning: PrintAmountInternal: Bad numeric.
Warning: PrintAmountInternal: Bad numeric.
(0.0018s) [load] -*-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-18-*-*-*-*-*-ISO8859-1 -->
0x8db0008
brian at big_squirt ~ $ gnucash

It seems that guile cannot keep track of witch instance it belongs to.
--
Brian Dolbec <brian_dolbec at telus.net>