gnucash v1.9.6 - build as an RPM?

Graham Leggett minfrin at sharp.fm
Tue May 16 16:01:33 EDT 2006

Derek Atkins wrote:

> It's unclear if this particular incantation is supported.  Can you try
> extracting the spec from the tarball and then building it via:
>
>  rpmbuild -bb gnucash.spec

Gave this a try, and the build runs to the end, but then bombs out
complaining about missing files:

RPM build errors:
     File not found by glob: /var/tmp/gnucash-1.9.6-root/usr/share/xml/qsf/*

I had set these three parameters to enabled:

%define _with_postgres 1
%define _with_ofx 1
%define _with_hbci 1

> I bet that's some magic from the rpmbuild script looking inside the tarball
> and getting confused.   It could also be something about how we packaged
> libgsf and (potentially) libgoffice.

I see that the tarball contains two spec files:

./lib/libgsf-1.12.3/libgsf-1.spec
./packaging/gnucash.spec

I ran into this problem while sorting out the RPM build for Apache httpd
(which contained the apr and apr-util libraries, both containing their
own spec files). The workaround was to delete the extra spec files (in
this case, it would be libgsf-1.spec) during the packaging process.

Regards,
Graham