OFXDirectConnect works

Martin Preuss aquamaniac at gmx.de
Thu May 18 03:36:13 EDT 2006

Hi,

On Thursday 18 May 2006 07:13, David Reiser wrote:
> At least with respect to downloading transactions directly into
> gnucash 1.9.x accounts. I don't have a ofx-enabled checking account,
> so I don't know about payment initiation.
[...]
We are relying on LibOFX on this to support payments. Currently they aren't
implemented there so we can't support it in AqBanking for now (with German
HBCI this already works).

[...]
> Christian: what front/backends do I need to configure for aqbanking
> to cover all the gnucash supported connection methods? I've been
> building only for ofx, but if I'm going to take screen shots for help
> docs for setting up aqbanking, I might as well get all the backends a
> gnucash user might want to use included.
[...]

Well, Gnucash users might be interested in any of the backends, depending on
their location (e.g. German HBCI/GeldKarte/DTAUS, Swiss YellowNet, OFX in
US/CA/UK).

But most of them need real accounts to actually test them, because there is no
test server (except HBCI for which their is such a server, thanks to Stefan
Palme from Hbci4Java).

As for frontends: You don't need additional frontends to run Gnucash. As a
matter of fact Gnucash does not even use my GTK2 frontend, so you don't need
that, either.
The only frontend Gnucash relies on is qbanking, because the QT frontend
provides the setup wizard which is called by Gnucash.

Regards
Martin
--
"Things are only impossible until they're not"

AqBanking - http://www.aqbanking.de/
LibChipcard - http://www.libchipcard.de/