Draft GNUCash Press Release

Matt Townsend matthewdtownsend at att.net
Mon May 22 01:32:48 EDT 2006

Releases to distros should probably include the press release and, obviously,
a very technical write-up.

For magazines, it's important to encourage journalists to go online and review
the program, I would think.

For them, and the general public, the point needs to driven that this program
is evolving significantly (with GTK2 and GHID), yes--but what matters more
are the consequences of these improvements.  Accounting in Linux would be
nothing without gnucash (come on--kmymoney?).  But, up until recently, one
might think of finance software as one of those areas Linux has just been
weak on, like it used to be with multimedia.

What the GnuCash team is doing is closing another one of those gaps in
Linux. . .catching it up to the Windows World, and eventually going beyond
it.  Free, O.S. software like the GIMP, OpenOffice, Scribus, Inkscape, and
MPlayer have all shown their potential to surpass the competition.  So, I
would hope the "news" would be that GnuCash 2.0.0 joins those ranks.