New logo stuff update

Matt Townsend matthewdtownsend at att.net
Mon May 22 17:17:59 EDT 2006

I'm joining this conversation quite late, but a few cents from me:

I like the medium splash size, and I think the cash design is brilliant.  The
coins do seem flat, to me, perhaps because they have no elements suggesting
shine.  Also, the shadow on the screenshot looks quite deep--much deeper than
other elements.  The background might be a little too busy--maybe the
gradient should be more subtle? (Windows 95 InstallShield installations?)

The icon looks good, but I'm not sure how it would look at 16 pixel size (as I
prefer).  I'm sure it'd look great at 64, though.

The only thing that really bothers me about any of the design are the fonts.
I'm seeing a whole lot of sans-serif fonts, and they all look like MS Arial.
This may be the image you're trying to convey, but the "GnuCash" portion of
the logo seems to beg for more.  I just got a second opinion, and I'm told
the fonts make it look "like it's from the mid-90's."  Simple fonts are, of
course, a GNU trait.

MT