1.9.6 ter

David Hampton hampton-gnucash at rainbolthampton.net
Mon May 29 14:10:43 EDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-05-27 at 13:38 -0400, don Paolo Benvenuto wrote:
> El sáb, 27-05-2006 a las 13:32 -0400, don Paolo Benvenuto escribió:
> > Gnucash uses ctl-alt-pgup/down to move between tabs.
> >
> > Why doesn't it use the standard gnome shortcut ctl-pgup/down (without
> > alt)?

It does.  Keystrokes are first provided to the selected widget.  If that
widget does nothing with the keystroke, then the keystroke will be
passed in turn to each successive containing widget.  In gnucash the
widgets used for the account tree page and the register page also use
ctl-pgup/down as a shortcut, so the behavior you see will depend on
which widget currently has focus.  If the account tree has focus, then
it process the ctl-pgup keystroke and the notebook never sees it.  If
the notebook has focus, then it is the first widget to see the ctl-pgup
and functions like you would expect.  Try clicking on a notebook tab
then then typing ctl-pgup/down.

The accounts page and the notebook are not behavior that can be changed
by gnucash.  This behavior is embedded into the underlying GtkNotebook
and GtkTreeView widget used by gnucash.

> Besides that, ctl-alt-pgup/down works only when I am in the main
> accounts tab. After passing to a register with crl-alt-pgdown, then
> ctl-alt-pgup moves upwards in the txns

I am investigating why the register widget doesn't pass along the
ctl-alt-pgup/down keystrokes.  This widget is part of gnucash and can be
modified.

David