QSF Import of gncCustomer and gncInvoice

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed May 31 21:05:05 EDT 2006

Georgi Mirchev <manager at mirchevideas.com> writes:

>> Yes and no..  The idea is that QofChoice is a template type..  So
>> a GNC_ID_OWNER would be QofChoice<Customer,Vendor,Employee,Job>.  You
>> really can't say that it returns a QOF_TYPE_CHOICE because you need to
>> know what QofChoice template instance is returned.
>
> Actually it is just a declaration of the param type. I do understand
> that the getter doesn't return a QOF_TYPE_CHOICE, nor the setter get a
> QOF_TYPE_CHOICE object. They get/set the real entities from the "allowed
> choice" types.

Yes, I realize that, but QofChoice<type1, type2, type3> is effectively
a different parameter type than QofChoice<typeA, typeB, typeC>.  So
the parameter type should reflect that difference.

> Hopefully my patches won't crash the heck out of GnuCash :-)

They wont get applied if they do.  ;)