Gnucash doesn't work with external QOF (was: Re: GC, QOF and queries)

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Fri Nov 3 16:01:19 EST 2006

Am Freitag, 3. November 2006 21:40 schrieb Daniel Espinosa:
> 2006/11/3, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu>:
> > 1) Convert QOF to use GObject natively instead of being GObject-like
> > 2) Using the same QOF APIs, try to use GDA natively inside QOF
> > 3) Consider moving more information into QOF.
> >
> > However, in the short term, major architectural changes aren't on the
> > table.
>
> I'll try to joint to the QOF mailing team and try to help in this issues.

Oooops. Did you think by saying "QOF" we mean the separate QOF project at
sourceforge.net? We are very sorry for this misunderstanding. No, the
separate QOF project at sourceforge is a fork from gnucash that forked in
April this year, and it has been diverging into a different development path.
Its code will not work with gnucash anymore and vice very.

Instead, by QOF we mean the general idea of the query-object-framework, whose
code currently is in lib/libqof/ in the gnucash repository (it might be moved
to src/libqof/ sometime in the future, but the place in the repository isn't
too important). Again: The external QOF project at sourceforge.net does not
work with gnucash and the only similarity is that it's a fork from the
gnucash code by the beginning of this year. So its mailing list also has no
use for the development gnucash right now.

All discussion of the QOF concept related to gnucash are going on here on
gnucash-devel, and all the source code is in the gnucash repository below
lib/libqof/.

I hope this clears up this issue. Regards,

Christian