syntax error in configure (15097)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Nov 8 19:07:09 EST 2006

Quoting Dave Herman <dvherman at gmail.com>:

>> > 25693: syntax error near unexpected token `gnc_have_guile_www,'
>> > ./configure: line 25693: `GUILE_MODULE_AVAILABLE(gnc_have_guile_www,(www
>> > main))'
[snip]

>> But no guile-devel?
>>
>  Yes - guile-devel is installed !

Huh.   GUILE_MODULE_AVAILABLE is defined in guile.m4 which is actually
in the guile RPM on FC5.  I dont have an FC6 install handy to test.
It's possible that this is another guile-1.8 breakage in that they
changed (or removed) the m4 macro that we were depending on.

I'm susprised that running autogen.sh didn't complain....

Can you look for the contents of /usr/share/aclocal/guile.m4?  Does FC6
not have it?