r15098 - gnucash/trunk/src/gnome-utils - gnc_history_get_last() can return NULL.

Per Bojsen per.bojsen at comcast.net
Thu Nov 9 22:07:32 EST 2006

*** Regarding Re: r15098 - gnucash/trunk/src/gnome-utils -
    gnc_history_get_last() can return NULL.; Derek Atkins
    <warlord at MIT.EDU> adds:

Derek> free() still doesn't check, but g_free() does.

Actually at least on Linux, according to man 3 free:

  If ptr is NULL, no operation is performed.

I don't have my K&R handy so I am not sure if the C standard specifies
this.  However, the man page states that it conforms to C89 and C99.
free() is from glibc and I'm pretty sure it's been like this for quite
a few years.

On a different not, I'd like to thank you developers for creating such
a powerful application.  I especially like the very handy tab
completion features and the multi-currency and commodity support.  I
have been using the commidity feature to keep track of gas prices.  I
record gas purchases as gallons of gas.  Gnucash then keeps track of
the gas prices for me and I can graph the prices over time using the
price report.  Very handy and eye opening :-)

Per

--
Per Bojsen                                              <per.bojsen at comcast.net>
7 Francis Road